Kiss



“Close your eyes”, you’d said. I was perplexed. Under that Banyan tree, unto the shackles of the ruins of the building, you were standing right in front of me. The wind surpassed your face as it unlocked my hair until I realized that your eyes blinked in rhythm with the unfurling of my curls. It seemed like I could behold the magnificence of the night sky in your deep black eyes that were fixated on me. I blushed and looked down. From the peck of my eye I could see you smiling.

Flick!!! “What happened? Just close your eyes.” You said again. I closed them slightly fearful, slightly anxious, slightly shy but mostly exuberant and happy that you were with me. I felt you leaning close to me. I don’t know whether I was frightened or just nervous. Regardless of it, I didn’t stop you. Now I could feel your breath on my face. My heart beat faster than usual. You leaned forward, cupped my neck and gave a soft kiss on my forehead. And at that moment, I knew it was forever.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts